OK, so despite what you might think there are actually disadvantages to loads of hot weather. What happens here is that when it gets really hot people switch on their aircos. Loads and loads of people with loads and loads of aircos. This in turn puts a serious drain on the power grid, to which the power companies respond with an outage (it's ENRON all over again !). The whole county is out at the moment ! So I hear you ask - how are you posting on the internet if the power is out, and to be perfectly honest I don't know.
The down side (as if that wasn't already enough) is that I'm stuck here at work cos Alma has the car at home and of course the garage door is electric. Chances are McGyver is not going to appear with his Swiss army knife and concoct some kind of workaround. It could be a long evening ...
Thank god for the internet... Hang in there!!
ReplyDeleteBTW... How are you sure internet is working ?? ;-)
ReplyDelete