Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dinner and Near Death Experience

Last night we had Johan, Freke and the boys over for dinner.  Very relaxing - but we also had a really good laugh.  The boys are always guaranteed to provide some quality entertainment !  They also brought us a present of a humming bird feeder, so I'm looking forward to setting that up in the garden and trying to get a half decent picture of a humming bird (yes - America has everything - even humming birds).  I was just outside in the garden and I saw our first one in fact.

Besides that I'm just back from my first (and possibly last) fitness session at LA Boxing.  OMG to go all Craig Revel Horwood on it, it's a serious challenge here to actually move my fingers around the keyboard.  At one stage I thought - just take me - my time here is done.  At another stage (cos yes in my infinite stupidity I chose to do the mind over matter thing and continue), I started desperately looking around for a toilet because somehow it didn't dawn on me to bring my own sick bag (what was I thinking !).  One of the girls must somehow have noticed that I was feeling a little physically challenged because she asked "first time ?" to which I thought - is it THAT obvious.  It must have been cos she then followed up with "Don't worry - it's normal to want to puke ! After a couple of sessions it wears off".
Can't wait to go back !

No comments:

Post a Comment