Today was my first day at work. Pretty non-eventful as you might expect other than arranging hardware / access to various bits and pieces. I'm still waiting for the laptop to be delivered, but I have my 'shoebox' (which for the record is even smaller than a cubical or so I'm lead to believe). To be honest it's big enough for a skinny lad like me ... though who knows in time I might start calling myself Bill and require a chair for each cheek. I also have my new badge with the standard issue convict picture. On top of that the desk phone is setup and I've got a new cell, so I should be fairly contactable.
On a totally different note, we did a bit of shopping yesterday and I picked up a new pair of flip flops (cos the weather it just terrible here). I only took a good look at them when I got them home only to discover a strange construction is all you could call it, built into the sole. It turns out it's a bottle opener ! I mean - do those guys think of everything or what ?!?!?
The slightly paradoxical element to it all is that (as far as I know) it's not allowed to have glass or beer on the beach; it's also not allowed to drink beer on the street - so when would you actually get to use this marvelous construction?

No comments:
Post a Comment