We spent most of our two years playing golf at Oaks North; a quiet course with 27 holes, completely surrounded by a 55+ community who played a lot of golf. We were practically children in comparison to some of the people who played there. To be teamed up with somebody in their 70's or 80's was not unusual. We often had "handsome" Bob accompany us around the course but eventually had to give him the slip - which wasn't that hard despite how nimble he was at getting in and out of his electric cart. We both had one goal in mind and that was preparing for our grand finale at Torrey Pines.
 |
| Marie-Jose ready for take-off |
Marie-Jose organized everything and on July 1st we teed off at 9.40 am following in the footsteps of Tiger Woods. The South Course was beautiful and we had a great time. Some beautiful holes followed by some equally rotten ones. The rotten ones introduced some unusual counting styles from MJ like "ok 1st my driver, 2nd my 5 wood, 3rd the "oh fu*k" one ......... I'm not sure Tiger ever counted in such a manner but it gave us a good laugh.
 |
| Marie-Jose looking all sweet and innocent! |
We finished off with a lovely lunch and MJ walking away with a napkin from Torrey Pines. It really was an accident and it was just a plain old white napkin - no good to anybody - honest !
 |
| Over the water on the 18th. I was thrilled! |
We had great fun playing for the last two years and I will miss the rude Dutch words used on occasion; the hissie fits in the bunkers, hiding from "handsome" Bob, the one legged duck (I didn't mean to hit him... I swear), our lunches at Baskin Robins (ice cream shop) and the tears of laughter. Thanks Marie-Jose, it was great x
No comments:
Post a Comment