Sunday, August 4, 2013

Last day at Cymer

Friday, the 26th of July was my last day at Cymer.  A whole 23 months have passed in what must surely have been the blink of an eye.  As far as last days go, it was a fairly standard affair - at least in terms of productivity levels (at least I was consistent :-)).  I spent pretty much the whole day walking around saying goodbye to the people I'd worked most closely with ... and as it turned out that filled the whole day !!  Even then I managed to miss a few people.

Later on in the afternoon (yes I sneaked off a little bit early) a couple of us met up at the local.  It was a very informal affair - those that could make it came, while others popped in for literally a few minutes.  As the group grew, the bar staff decided we were starting to pose a fire hazard so we were "kindly requested" to move to their 'function' room out back.  As it turned out a few of the guys WERE actually on-fire - so perhaps they were right !  Comments like "Hey - I never actually realized that Joost didn't have a mono-brow" (a reference to how relaxed he looked, having finished his own term of sentence a few weeks earlier) to yet another form of media posing the question "Who invited this guy?" (a long story .... perhaps for another time).

All in all, it was a great night and I'm sure I'm going to miss a lot of the "guys" (my apologies for defying Vulcan law and showing any signs of emotion).  Chances are though, our paths will cross again !

A good auld laugh ...

... though clearly some people were less enthusiastic about declaring their presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment