After a very pleasant flight we've finally arrived at our new home. It's scary using words like that ! I'll keep this one short cos we're totally wrecked. Like I said, the flight was good. We got our precious seats and one of the flight attendants even gave us a small house warming present which was really nice. Getting the rental car took an age because it was more a mini-lease than a normal rental seeing as I'll have the car until 1-Nov, so the guy behind the counter had to pop off here there and everywhere to collect paperwork and I don't know what. Of course he couldn't have been more pleasant so obviouslt he felt obliged to arrange a free upgrade for the inconvenience caused (whatever that may have been).
Anyways we had a little bit of excitement on the way down. Wendy (as Rob likes to call the GPS system) decided her battery was running low, at which point - much to our horror I might add - we discovered that the 12V connector wasn't working. Alma dived into the glove compartment for the kind of map that only a child could draw, to see if we would at least be able to make it to San Diego on paper power. After driving a little further and having some time to "think man think", I realised that you often see kids in the back of those newer fancy cars watching their DVDs and other high tech stuff so I had me the brainwave that there must be more than one of the 12V connection in our most precious vehicle. After a frantic scramble round the back we found it; plugged Wendy in - to which we were greeted to the sweet chorus of "continue along the I-5 for ....". Oh joy I say !
The rest of the journey was rather uneventful. When we got to the house we discovered that Oakwood has decided to ignore a number of aspects of the paper work we filled in and decorate it according to their own wishes - which in fairness wasn't all bad. Still though, I'm sure they'll be paying us a return visit. Other than that no serious problems. The internet connection works (obviously eh?), the keylock box worked first time, they've left some essentials for us and we've made a trip to supermarket (where I thought Alma was going to go into anabolic shock judging by the drool coming from her mouth) . All good I say ! .... oh and did I mention the weather yet?!?!?
I'll have some new photos of the place a little later.
No comments:
Post a Comment