We're currently in the process of lashing the last few dots on the 'i's and then we're like out of here and stuff. Up to now we've only had a few little hick ups like the alarm not working and our seats on the plane being given away. OK, so captain hyperbolization (note the US 'z') strikes again. The alarm system currently generates a false warning message every so often so the GSM module has to be replaced during our absence (thanks Erwin !), and then hopefully we're back in business. For the burglars out there, the warning message is non-critical so the system still works .... sorry for getting your hopes up.
On top of that I logged in this morning to the KLM website to check us in, and low and behold the seats that I booked about two weeks ago were no longer allocated to us. Not to mention we had to pay extra in order to book them in the first place ! I proceeded to phone KLM customer support. The reassuring agent couldn't find any record of the payment in her system (which would make sense seeing as I fabricated the receipt myself .... oh .... feel the sarcasm). She helpfully suggested to take the receipt I already had to the airport and to explain the situation there ... with of course no guarantee that we would get the seats we paid for (seeing as they were now free again according to the on-line check in service) and with no guarantee that there would be any seats left in economy plus. Best idea ever I thought - so I directly proceeded to re-book our 17D and 17E seats and sure if they charge us twice for booking the same seats then I'll just have to claim it back.
Happy Days I say ! (the Henry Winkler flavor)
No comments:
Post a Comment