.... is a little different to golfing in San Diego but I loved it!!! My brother took me to "Scarke" Golf Club where we golfed in Hail, Rain and Sunshine ... and that was just hole #1. The Golf course I usually play on in San Diego is a Par 60 (18 Hole) and approx. 3215 meters. Scarke is Par 72 (18 Hole) and a mere 4574 meters. I couldn't even see where the green was on most of the holes. After many hours and an extremely lenient brother, we finished up on even scores.... and I mean
very lenient...... I was wrecked after all the hill walking but my Mammy (cos I'm still a big mammy's girl) had a lovely dinner ready for me when I got home.... you can't beat that!!
 |
| Scarke Golf Club & yes, it is that GREEN!! |
Next we headed off to "The Burrow" Golf Course Par 56 (12 Hole) 3481
meters, and again... where the heck are the greens???? and in some cases,
I had to ask, where are the fairways??? This was a very wild experience with the
coastal winds blowing over the golf bags on more than one occasion. I
could barely keep my cap on at times & my brother was giving us advice about wind direction etc. eh the ball goes where it goes my friend. I'm not at the calculating wind phase just yet!!!! Managed to lose many balls but we had a great time and some of
the views were just amazing. I returned to this course a few days
later with Jane and we didn't have to contend with such strong winds. Therefore it
was a little more relaxed and we both came home with improved scores. I look forward to introducing Sean & Jane to our little course
over here in San Diego....you'd better book!!!!!!
 |
| A view from the Golf course |
 |
| If you look carefully you can see the flag in the distance - honest ! |
 |
| Fairway, what fairway? |
No comments:
Post a Comment