As you may or may not have known, I had dreams of going viral with my new found artistic talents. This piece was inspired by the artist Hundertwasser and under the watchful guidance of Willemien, I created a masterpiece!! Next stop was a painting class on Friday night, I was sooooo excited, my chance to really prove myself... to be discovered.....
Firstly, there were no introductions, no instructions, just... ''ok you can start now" start what? where? how?, ok first glass of wine consumed (it was a paint and bring your own beverages night). I can do this... I gathered some paints and put some brilliant strokes on the Canvas, all was going well until my neighbor ( you know who you are!! ) decided that flicking paint at the canvas was much more fun. After the second glass of wine, I had to agree... this was great; my creative juices were really flowing... wine, wine, flick, flick, wine, flick, wine... this is great fun.... more wine, more flicking and then one last second of semi-sobriety to realize my painting career was over.....
![]() |
| (it looks better here than in real life - trust me) |
In all the madness I left the poor ladybird legless, a little bit like how I felt myself at the end of the night.... still though eh - it was GREAT FUN!!!
I still had the golf to fall back on right??? I've had some lessons; I'm hitting a little better...... I could be...... NOPE, that dream is gone now too..... that was shattered within five minutes of entering the Ladies Professional Golf tournament in Carlsbad on Saturday (I wasn't actually participating by the way). Marie-Jose and I were watching them practice at the driving range, all sorts of warm up actions which we would never even think of doing and then casually hitting the ball so far that it was incredible. The beautiful ''ping'' from the stroke as the ball flew in the air every single time. It was a crushing blow... an acknowledgment of the cruelest kind.... We then followed the leader for the first nine holes. She was brilliant; the consistency was impeccable. It was a lovely day, followed by a lovely meal at chez van de Camp.
Shattered dreams must always be replaced with new dreams, I know I'm good at something, it's just waiting to be discovered... maybe it's line dancing.... yeah that could be it!!! I'm off to Google the ''Cow shed" now...... oh that fire of hope is starting to ignite again... keep dreaming everybody!
![]() |
| Yani Tseng of Taiwan, going into the final round at 12 under par. |


No comments:
Post a Comment