Monday, December 19, 2011

We're falling behind but.......


... still alive and kicking. 

Finally managed to go to the X-Factor and actually GET-IN!!! (in your face William!!! ... not that I'm childish or anything)  It was brilliant!!!  I was in the excellent company of two very enthusiastic Dutch women, thanks Freke & Sandra!!  We had to queue for hours but it was a great chance to ''people watch'' and believe me there are some very strange, very botoxed people in LA.   When we finally got to our seats, we needed to go to the loo, of course!!!  We had to beg to be allowed to go, stating that instant death was almost eminent.  We were then escorted to the only two working loos - outside no less.  Now we all know how difficult it is to pee when somebody is waiting outside the door for you but knowing we were about to see the great (cue appropriate Dr. Evil move) Simon Cowell in person was enough to sort that out.  We managed to get great seats and clapped and screamed until we were hoarse.  We all enjoyed the show and seeing how it all works.  It's no wonder these women on TV look absolutely stunning, they are constantly surrounded by other women who are touching up their makeup, hair and even powdering the top of LA Reid's bald head!!!!

The surrounding area in LA ("The Grove") was also great.  We had lunch in the Cheesecake factory and coffee after the show, where we watched it (fake) snowing outside..  only in America!!!



On a separate note, I've started my golf lessons and cookery classes.  If I don't become the next best thing since Tiger Woods, then I'll give Martha Stewart a run for her money.  William has also joined the world of golf but we have to thread very carefully not to frighten him off.  The new clubs, specially tailored made to suit the freak he is, have been purchased.  Now we just need to make it all work perfectly... those of you who know William know what I'm talking about!!!  Fingers crossed.

Spent a day last week making Christmas cookies with some expert help from very experienced Americans. This is a holiday tradition and they spend hours and more sugar than you ever want to know about making and decorating Christmas cookies.  These are then lovingly packed into Christmas boxes and given as gifts to neighbors, teachers etc.  It was great to do, but I don't know if I'd have the patience to decorate so many cookies.  Maybe Martha Stewart has nothing to fear after all!! 


Today, as you can see I'm catching up on some long overdue correspondence and blogging while I'm waiting on the professional carpet cleaners to arrive.  Now I know that sounds very luxurious BUT it's not often you have mushrooms growing out of your carpet!!!!  It's not all glamor and fun filled days over here you know......  I have my stresses too.  I wonder what will I have for lunch????



No comments:

Post a Comment