The host and hostess. Finally I got to dress up as my all time favourite super hero - Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
Freke's buns.
A small selection from the not really all that scary room. The brush keeps moving around the floor while laughing like a witch. Funny for about the first 5 seconds. After that you just want to smash it.
Frankie says, "Relax" (or perhaps - put your hands up in the air)
A glimpse of the "oooh my underpants are starting to fill up because it's so scary in here" room.
Harm arrives in style at the party.
Spock and his fairy God wife.
Now I've got you, you wascally wabbit.
They say these parties can put years on you and judging by what happened to Thijs, I'm inclined to believe it!! (Above: the 'before' shot)
The 'after' shot.
Everyone - tucking in !
Alma in her finery ... and many of her finer creations - which in all fairness ooohed and aaahed the trick or treaters this evening.

It's a shame you don't have the photo up from facebook where you can clearly see that you forgot the standard issue superhero cod piece :) Was that the extra dimension you mentioned? Nice touch on the fear factor though - I'm sure every one terrified!
ReplyDeleteI feel sorry for the little green guy - he's going to find it very hard in school. I liked his Frankenstein's monster costume though.
The rear view mirror shot is tremendous. Top marks there.
And as usual, Alma has excelled in the pumpkin carving department...Alma, your hands must have been wrecked. I did two this year (I'll send you pictures so Will can critique the poor exposure levels and composition) and it felt like late stage arthritis afterwards...
And did you know (this actually came up last night while having dinner with friends), that the tradition of pumpkin carving came from Ireland!!! It all began with Turnips and other rather hard to carve vegetables. Immigrants to the US found pumpkins were easier to do and the rest is history. And Jack O'Lantern (like Barack O'Bama) was an Irishman. Apparently, he tricked the devil up a tree and then trapped him there by carving crosses on the tree trunk. He made a deal with the devil to let him go if he never took him to hell and God didn't want him in heaven (when he eventually died) either as he wasn't the best of fellas, so he was condemned to walk the earth forever and the devil gave him an ember from Hell for his lantern to light his way... cool story...