Sunday, August 19, 2012

CHARGE !

Yesterday evening we hit our very first American football game EVER together with Rob and Sandra (Go Chargers !).  Professionals that we are, we made sure to be kitted out with the appropriate attire; the lads opting for the more generic, non-committal, shirts sporting the Chargers logo, while Alma decided to buy me a "proper" shirt with number 71 on the back and the "I'm not quite sure how to pronounce it, so I'll keep quiet" name "GARAY".

Game on I say!  Veteran that I am, I spent the first couple of minutes bringing the lads up to speed on how it all works after which I start scanning around for number 71.  Number 17 (the Quarterback) is of course getting the appropriate level of attention - right numbers, but the wrong sequence.  So where oh where is number 71.  In fact, why doesn't anyone else in the whole stadium (and there were 53000+ people there despite the poor attendance) have a number 71 on.  At this stage I'm starting to think that maybe there was a reason my shirt was on sale for $17 at Walmart.

So, it turns out anyway that Antonio (we're on first name terms now after me googling him to death) was injured - hence the "no show" at the game, but my only guess as regards his overwhelming popularity is that he needs a new agent.  For instance, why would you do a promotion like this ?!?!? ...

My guy - Tony, showing us what his wife uses to get her around from one room to another back at the house.
The game itself was great.  Dallas were up 10-0 after the second quarter, and still ahead 13-7 after the third, only to see the Chargers romp back in the fourth to win a convincing 28-20.

Our view !
Despite the fact that the total event took almost 3.5 hours, the time really flew by - touchdown; high fives with people you don't even know - AWESOME !


No comments:

Post a Comment